The Appalachian Kentucky Health Care Access Network (AKHCAN) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director. The AKHCAN Executive Director will have the overall responsibility for the organization’s operational and financial objectives. This position reports to the AKHCAN Executive Board and is responsible for overall mission execution and achievement. This position will be a part-time position with the potential to increase based on future funding. Position hours will vary depending on training and program needs. Salary is expected to be $33,276 annually. Benefits are not included.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter along with an updated Curriculum Vitae or Resume to Mr. David Gross, President of AKHCAN, at David.Gross@st-claire.org.
Deadline to apply closes at 5pm April 8, 2022.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to: The AKHCAN Executive Board
Position Scope and Responsibilities: The AKHCAN Executive Director will have the overall responsibility for the organization’s operational and financial objectives. This position reports to the AKHCAN Executive Board and is responsible for overall mission execution and achievement.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Executive board, serve as an Ex-Officio member, and build continuous board involvement
- Maintain a working knowledge of developments and trends as it relates to CHW policy and practice
- Promote the Mission and Vision of AKHCAN in all areas of involvement
- Serve as the primary contact to any boards and committees at the state and national level related to CHW training, programming, and certification
- Oversee all components of AKCHAN Tier 1 CHW training including: advertisement, scheduling, securing of trainers, billing, payment, registration, logistics for both virtual and in-person, facilitation of courses, and completion requirements
- Maintain and ensure all AKHCAN business components are current and up to date such as SAM.gov, UEI, DUNS, and Secretary of State in conjunction with the Financial Consultant
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with the Financial Consult to ensure sustainability
- Schedule and facilitate AKHCAN Executive Committee and Board meetings per the by-laws, prepare meeting materials, and assure all minutes and records are maintained
- Work with external evaluators to carry out evaluation of training modules such as schedule and Qualtrix links
- Work closely with Board and staff to ensure website and social media platforms remain active and up to date.
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Degree in a field that supports expertise in CHWs preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with previous experience presenting to state and/or national organizations
- Knowledge of the Tier 1 CHW training model
- Knowledge of the current CHW landscape in Kentucky
- Ability to work independently
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Grants writing and management experience
- Passionate about the CHW workforce
- Experience with 501c3 organizations
- Strategic planning experience preferred
- Experience with developing training curriculum
59565total visits,23visits today